Centurion is proud to be the provider of comprehensive healthcare services to the Florida Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a licensed clinical psychologist to serve as a full-time Regional Mental Health Director to join our team in Florida Region 1 located in or near Tallahassee, Florida. This position will be based out of a home office located within the assigned region. The Regional Mental Health Director will travel to assigned sites approximately 75% of the time and work from a home office the remainder of the schedule. Occassional overnight travel to other parts of the state will also be required.
The Regional Mental Health Director is a key member of the Mental Health Leadership Team and is responsible for providing administrative guidance, consultation, and mental health leadership to coordinate clinical needs and provide assessment and treatment of mental and emotional disorders of patients in a correctional setting.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Visits each site regularly to review the service delivery of mental health
- Provides ongoing clinical and program guidance to assigned sites
- Monitors and evaluates site and workload data
- Provides in-service training to staff
- Completes psychological autopsies as assigned
- Participates in hiring process and selection of mental health staff
- Certifies suicide watch cells
- Provides clinical and policy consultation to staff
- Reviews and monitors mental health delivery to ensure compliance with pertinent policies
- Provides direct patient care
- Participates in CQI activities
- Reviews policies and makes recommendations for revisions
- Other duties as assigned
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
- PhD or PsyD from an accredited educational institution required
- Active Psychology license to practice in the state of Florida required
- Must maintain current tuberculosis documentation and active CPR certification
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferred
- Three (3) years behavioral/mental health experience in a correctional and/or mental health services environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.