Centurion is proud to be the provider of medical and behavioral health services to the Delaware Department of Correction.
We are currently seeking a full-time Psychiatric Technician to join our team at Howard R. Young Correctional Institution located in Wilmington, Delaware.
Day Shift: 8:00am to 4:30pm
The Psychiatric Technician will assist mental health and security staff in monitoring patients in a correctional setting who have been placed on precautionary watch for risk of either self harm or harm to others. The Psych Tech is also responsible for consistently documenting that the observations have occurred at the designated times and have been properly recorded. Responsibilities may also include providing daily living care for the patients and leading activities for them under the supervision of licensed mental health professionals.
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
Some of the unique benefits of correctional healthcare include:
· A clinically interesting, diverse patient population in a secure and structured setting;
· An exciting and rewarding career in one of the fastest growing areas of healthcare;
· The ability to make a real difference to an important and underserved population!
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in a correctional environment preferred
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable
- Must show current tuberculosis documentation and active CPR certification
- Personal computer skills including software such as Microsoft Office preferred
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.